New to the site?

This blog goes back to 2007, but back then this was just a blog. If you came here for the investigation and the thrills, start with this post and work your way up. Click "Newer Post" to continue.

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Followers of the Hogweed

I have a new follower, yay. :D I like followers. It's always a nice feeling to know that I'm not always talking to myself here on this.. blog thing.

Today, I found a note on my front door. On it were various lyrics to Genesis' "The Return of the Giant Hogweed." Namely,

Turn and run.
Nothing can stop them.
Around every river and canal, their power is growing.


They are invincible.
They seem immune to all our herbicidal battering.


Mighty hogweed is avenged.
Human bodies soon will know our anger.


Kill them with your hogweed hairs.
Heracleum mantegazziani.




I admit, as satirical as the song is normally, the lyrics are pretty cryptic when taken out of context! ^^;

For reference, here's the song in question.
The Return of the Giant Hogweed
Genesis
Nursery Cryme, 1971


It's a satirical piece on a fictitious "attack" by the real hogweed plant. The latter half of the song, subtitled "The Dance of the Giant Hogweed," is one of my most favourite parts of anything ever.

..no, seriously, listen to that, that's beautiful.

Uh.. I'll keep you guys updated on what's going on. Still waiting to find out how this is like a "game" at all. Unless Skye Blue meant it in the Marble Hornets Entry ###### sense, like "From the start, it's been a game to us." But that was when totheark hacked Jay's account, and nobody's gonna want to hack this; there's nothing here but us chickens.

No comments: