New to the site?

This blog goes back to 2007, but back then this was just a blog. If you came here for the investigation and the thrills, start with this post and work your way up. Click "Newer Post" to continue.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Sleep, Deep in the Derp

Tired. God, a lot happened today.

Now I'm just kicking back in bed, heart as warm as a submissive boy's heart can get...

Oh, and to throw out yet another prog ramble, Coheed & Cambria's "The Willing Well" is one of my all-time favourite songs ever. I always completely forget to mention it, but it's a downright classic. The title movement, From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness, is in all possible ways a progressive master..movementpiece. It's taken me quite a while to get used to the follow-up epic, "The End Complete," but that one's also grown on me. They're structured differently, and the former is quite a tad longer than the latter, but they're both classics in their own ways.

All in all, the collective Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV would have been one HELL of a double album. They should release it as one. With Volume One's cover art. Seriously, that shit's great. Or maybe they could throw on the promotional Willing Well art that's on the back of Volume One's case? That'd make for a gorgeous cover.

Oh, but while I'm on the subject, do you want to know my literally only major complaint about "The Willing Well?" At the end of the final movement (The Final Cut), as the keyboard solo ends absolutely brilliantly, we suddenly hear the silence broken by none other than a little child's muttering. This continues for several seconds before he shuts up and the keyboard finishes up its final notes. Claudio, the one who put the voices on there, said there was honestly no reason to put them on, so he just wanted to. I.. I just.. fuck, man. The little baby voice had absolutely nothing to do with the plot, nothing to do with the music (besides being a relation to you, sure), and it just killed the ending.

So I hereby recommend that, if the collective Good Apollo is ever released as a single double-album, the baby voice should be completely removed from "The Willing Well." Then we shall have the single most beautiful thing to come out of Coheed & Cambria. Ever.

...wow, I'm tired.

No comments: