You see, when I'm asked for my favourite album of all time, my answer always varied. After some time, I started to realize my answer was always one of four. So I started saying I have four favourite albums. Of all time. I call them my "Big Four."
My Big Four has been, ever since naming them in the first place:
- Genesis' The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway
- Genesis' Selling England by the Pound
- Dream Theater's Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
- Dream Theater's Metropolis, part two: Scenes from a Memory
So yeah! I really love Genesis and Dream Theater. >_> But y'know what? I think, in all honesty, I can list both Dream Theater entries under The Dream Theater Meta-Album, as well as two other DT classics, so there!
But at the same time, I'm starting to think about what other albums may be classified as my favourites.
- Between the Buried and Me's Colors is a definite contender. Definitely.
- Pearl Jam's Ten? A big "possibly."
- Radiohead's Kid A? I mean.. maybe?
- I'm sure, once I've listened to Yes' Tales from Topographic Oceans even more, that'll be on the list. It's a work of art in itself.
..well. My intention was to make a track-by-track analysis of why I love my Big Four. Perhaps I should do one of the Big Four, plus the new contenders...
..let's do it!
DJay32's "Big Four" Favourite Albums, plus four contenders for MORE Favourites.
To be analyzed in entries to come.