New to the site?

This blog goes back to 2007, but back then this was just a blog. If you came here for the investigation and the thrills, start with this post and work your way up. Click "Newer Post" to continue.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

200th post! 8D

You know what's surprising? Two months ago, this blog only had around fifty posts. So that means I made about one-hundred and fifty posts in two months.


Now, this post is just here to tell you guys I got some new albums! :DDD

Dream Theater's Train of Thought is an album I originally bought months ago, but I left it. On the train. >_> So I got it back. And Train of Thought is, undoubtedly, one of my all-time favourite albums. Of all time. There isn't a single song on there that is anything less than mindshatteringly great. Plus, it includes "Stream of Consciousness," which truly is one hell of a song.

After listening to this album formally and officially, I can now safely say that the second-to-last song excerpt from "7" is "Honor Thy Father."


Dream Theater's Black Clouds & Silver Linings, I have never owned before. It's their most recent album (not counting their eleventh which will be released this fall!) and damn, do I love it. "A Nightmare to Remember" is pretty much.. rough, kinky sex. "A Rite of Passage" is pretty much normal sex. Still rough. "Wither" is like.. passionate sex. "The Shattered Fortress" is the opposite of foreplay (I'll probably do a ramble on the Twelve-Step Suite later). "The Best of Times" is the kind of sex where I cry all the way through it. Which I seriously did; that's a beautiful song. "The Count of Tuscany..." is the kinkiest sex imaginable. It's so kinky that it's not even sex anymore. It's just beautiful kinkiness. And I love it.


Marillion's Script for a Jester's Tear was interesting. ..well, not really. I once had Marillion's Misplaced Childhood, but I sold that 'cause it was just too damn uninteresting. LUCKILY, Script for a Jester's Tear, Marillion's debut, is so much better. Jester has motherfucking "Garden Party." "Garden Party" is one of the greatest songs I have ever heard. In all my life. It's like Gabriel-era Genesis mixed with... some 80s band. That's it, though. The rest of the songs aren't too memorable.

Pink Floyd's Animals. I can't tell you how long I've been searching for this damn album. It's somewhere close to a year, though. I've checked several HMVs across all of England for this. It was only on my third visit to the big-ass HMV in Piccadilly Circus (the shop that is, without a doubt, my Chocolate Factory) that I found the damn thing. And it was for only seven quid! ;w; Lemme tell ya, I had heard "Sheep" off of their greatest hits album, and it sounded nothing like the other songs. See, "Sheep" was actually good. This surprised me. So I decided to get Animals. The Wall was lackluster, The Dark Side of the Moon puts me to sleep, and Meddle is.. decent. Animals? Yes. Yes, yes, yes, yes, YES. "Dogs" is.. progressively.. progressive. "Pigs (Three Different Ones)" is also progressively progressive. "Sheep" still rocks. That's pretty much the whole album, plus a little love song that's luckily short. It's a fantastic album, though. .w.

Aaaand Between the Buried and Me's The Parralax: Hypersleep Dialogues. This is their newest EP. Three songs. Half an hour. >w> Yes, it's prog. Remember all my rambles about Colors, about how that's a fucking masterpiece? Well, Hypersleep Dialogues... is certainly part of a masterpiece. You see, the EP is sort of.. a prelude, I think, to an upcoming album of theirs. I think. I know it's part one of a two-part series. And it's utterly magnificent, I came every goddamn minute. It's like brutal kinky fucking, and Kinky Fuck ;D is my middle name. The story being told in the lyrics is absolutely breathtaking, captivating, brilliant, especially when you actually figure out what's going on! xD The only bad thing is it ends! I want to hear the whole picture! I want to know how this story pans out, how it ends! This series has potential of being better than Genesis' own The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway! I'm definitely keeping tabs on this.

So there you have it. Two Dream Theater albums, a Marillion album, some Pink Floyd, and a long EP half-masterpiece from Between the Buried and Me. My CD collection is pretty huge right now, and it is filled with good music. I'm proud. :3

No comments: